Building a home in North Carolina? Here’s Why it Should be Fueled with Propane
Versatile, reliable propane does so much!
When you build your own home, there are a lot of decisions you have to make. One story or multi-story? What kind of style — classic colonial or modern farmhouse? What kind of siding? How many bedrooms and bathrooms? Paved or gravel driveway? A playroom for the kids or a mancave in the basement? Shower or tub in the master bath … or both?
All those decisions and choices can get pretty overwhelming at times. But one of them is easy: choosing propane as your new home’s fuel source!
We have eight reasons why propane is the right choice for your new home.
- Propane is versatile. Of all the fuel sources out there, propane is the leader when it comes to all it can do. Propane can heat your home with a central heating system as well as space heaters. It can heat your water. It lets you cook on a gas range or cooktop without having to be in a neighborhood with natural gas. It can dry your laundry faster, more efficiently and with fewer wrinkles than an electric clothes dryer. Outside, it not only runs your BBQ grill, it can heat your pool and spa tub, keep your back yard warm with deck and patio heaters, and create cozy gathering spots with fire pits and fireplaces.
- Propane makes your home comfortable. Propane furnaces heat air to a higher temperature than electric heat pumps. That means your home gets warmer faster and stays warmer. Throw in propane fireplaces and space heating, and cold snaps won’t be a problem.
- Propane is energy efficient. Compared with electric appliances, propane appliances are usually much more efficient. A propane tankless water heater can reduce your water heating costs by nearly 60 percent over standard electric water heaters.
- Propane provides security. Unlike electricity and natural gas, your supply of propane is right on your property. You aren’t dependent on an electrical grid or neighborhood gas lines. And with a propane whole-house backup generator, your home stays safe and comfortable when the power goes out.
- Propane is safe. Safety standards for delivering and storing propane are strict both in terms of government and industry regulations. Also, propane is non-toxic so in the rare event of a leak it will not harm the air, water, soil, aquatic life or plant life. We have some propane safety tips for your home as well!
- Propane is environmentally friendly. Propane has about half the greenhouse gases of electricity for the same amount of energy. Also, propane appliances and equipment can reach efficiencies of around 98 percent, meaning you’re using less energy, which is great for the planet and the North Carolina environment we love.
- Propane is good for your wallet. There are incentives and rebates for propane heating equipment and home appliances. Also, because of propane’s efficiencies, you can enjoy savings on energy costs.
- Propane from LG Jordan is a great choice. You get reliable, safe propane delivery from LG Jordan. We offer automatic delivery so you can rest assured your new home will always have the propane it needs. And we’ll install your new propane tank! Once you’ve moved in, we have payment options that will work with your needs and your budget.
Become an LG Jordan customer and enjoy all the benefits of propane in your new home year ‘round. Join our family today – we’d love to have you!