Be Ready for Storm Season with a Propane Backup Generator
Be Ready for Anything Nature Throws Our Way
It’s nearing hurricane season in North Carolina, and if Hurricane Florence last year was any indication, it means that you may potentially be faced with an unwanted power outage in your Apex-area home at some point in the near future.
Power outages aren’t just inconvenient – they can be expensive and dangerous. But, you’ll never need to worry again once your whole-house backup propane generator from LG Jordan has been installed! Time and time again, our customers have given feedback on what a great investment a propane generator truly is, especially if:
- Someone in your home relies on electricity for medical equipment like oxygen or home dialysis
- You use a well for your home water supply, which means you need your filtration system and pumps to keep running so you have safe and fresh water
- You work from home
- You live in a remote area where it takes longer for power to be restored
- Your basement has a sump pump to keep it dry
- You keep a lot of perishable food in your home from gardening, hunting or meal prep
The professionals at LG Jordan will make sure to set you up with the perfect model for your home, no matter your scenario!
But maybe you already have a propane generator at your residence. That puts you one step ahead of the game! But, merely having the generator isn’t enough – Make sure you’re ready when storms come to North Carolina with a propane backup generator Readiness Plan.
Here are some steps to include in your Plan:
Before a storm:
- Check out our propane safety tips.
- Review your whole-house backup propane generator’s operating manual so you know how to operate it and that you know what to do during an outage.
- Have your propane backup generator serviced before both the winter and summer storm seasons.
- Have a “Plan B” in place if the generator does not start – meaning you should stock up on batteries, water, food, and other non-perishable essentials!
- Run your propane backup generator once a month in the winter and once every three months the rest of the year to ensure that the generator is working properly. If it isn’t, schedule a service call right away.
- Ahead of a forecasted storm, run the generator and check that you have enough propane gas in your propane tank so that the whole-house backup propane generator can run for several days. If you don’t have enough propane, schedule a propane delivery from LG Jordan immediately.
During a storm:
- Maintain a clear path to your whole-house propane backup generator as well as your propane tank in case there are any operating problems.
- Keep an eye on how the whole-house propane backup generator is performing, how long and when it runs, how much propane is being used, any problems that come up and any repairs that are needed. Have a notepad handy to document everything so you can review it later.
After A Storm and at the End of The Winter and Summer Storm Seasons:
- Review your propane backup generator readiness plan to see what worked and what didn’t, and decide on adjustments that you have to make.
- Schedule a service call to make sure your whole-house propane backup generator is ready for the next storm or outage.
- Check your propane tank’s gauge levels and schedule a propane delivery from LG Jordan if you need propane.
- If you do need a propane delivery, make sure any debris is cleared near the propane tank so LG Jordan’s delivery drivers have safe access to it.
Have questions about whole-house propane backup generators and how they can be a great investment in your home? Contact LG Jordan today!